September 13, 2022, Headed for Fogo Island

 


Check out our approximate route on


Click on the link to see where we are in real time via satellite:


I started my day with a 7am swim with my Aunt Ruth. It felt wonderful to be in the water! It was a beautiful local 25M pool. It only cost $4 to get in. I took an apparently illegal photo of the pool. As I was taking the picture, a lifeguard told me "No photos!" Uh oh... I just wanted to show how an entire wall was windows, making it a beautiful setting.
Illegal photo

We said our goodbyes to my cousins and aunt who had been so kind and hospitable! We could have stayed here for months, exploring!

We set out for Fogo Island







Beautiful, low stress drive. Very little traffic. 
Overcast, with bits of drizzle now and again. 




We just by chance, happened to arrive 15 minutes before the next ferry. Perfect timing. 



It was starting to get dark as we drove off the ship

A quick potty break for the little doggies as we land on Fogo

Yay! an open restaurant. Very crowded with locals. Its the off season now. 

And onwards to Tilting, we arrived after dark and fell asleep quickly.
Tilting is on the opposite end of the island. 








Comments